Thursday, April 30, 2015

fabricmania - part one

I've bought some new fabric recently. Actually I got two or three others ,too, of which I took no pictures. The red one I got at my local fabric store, the green and flowered one I ordered at my favourite online fabric shop Anita Pavani Stoffe - I'm  tempted to buy somthing almost every time I visit the homepage ;) - and the navy and white striped one is from an online shop on DaWanda.

Vor kurzem habe ich ein paar neue Stoffe gekauft. Die im Bild sind allerdings nicht alle sondern im Geheimen gibt es soga noch mehr ;) aber ohne Bild. Der rote ist aus einem Stoffladen hier, die mittleren beiden von Anita Pavani Stoffe, meinem liebsten Online Shop (Leider muss ich fast immer etwas kaufen wenn ich die Homepage besuche, also darf ich da nicht zu oft vorbeischauen) und der gestreifte ist von einem DaWanda Shop.



The flowered silk and cotton crepe is my favourite. I know - another flower print although I just stated that flowers aren't my favourites on fabric. But don't women get to be at least a little contradictive at times? 
Soooo, it's my favourite and I'm thinking of making a nice summer dress out of it, maybe flowing over one shoulder with some pleats and straight on the other side. It is light and wonderfully soft against the skin, but also a little sheer. And after washing it crinkles up like mad but when ironed it turnes out almost straight. And as you can see it drapes absolutely gorgeously.
Der Seiden-Baumwoll-Crepe mit dem Blütendruck ist mein Liebling. Ich weiß schon, ich widerspreche mir da grade selber, da ich ja vor kurzem erklärt habe Blütendrucke wären nicht so unter meinen Favoriten - aber sollten Frauen nicht ab und zu mal etwas widersprüchlich sein ;). Naja vielleicht.
Also dann! Ich galaube daraus werde ich ein luftiges Sommerkleidchen machen. Ich stelle mir irgendetwas vor, das über einer Schulter in einer bis vielen Falten und auf der anderen Seite gerade nach unten fällt. Der Stoff ist dafür super geeignet, wenn man davon absieht, dass er nach dem Waschen erst mal vor allem aus vielen Falten besteht, die man dann glatt bügeln muss! Außerdem ist er ein bisschen durchsichtig, aber dafür gibt ja Futter.

I'm reminded of Japanese cherry flowers when I look at it so maybe it deserves a slightly loose cut so that the flowers can bloom best and very maybe the style should remind a little of traditional Japanese ladies?!
Don't mind the quality of the sketch. Just to help your imagination.





This fir green georgette - also of silk and cotton - is my second favourite. It is also very light and soft but I don't think it's too see-through to wear it as a casual blouse or top without lining. Vogue V1387 by Rebecca Taylor is a good option I think.













When I look at the wine red viscose crepe I have absolutely no idea what to do with it. Still I love the feel of it. It has some structure but still is very light. The creases can be pressed quite flat, but if they get wet they bounce back into existance. I hope I soon will get an inspiration since I bought the fabric with a voucher my husband gave me for my birthday and I don't want him to think I don't cherish his present by burying it (or parts of it) in the cupboard under heaps of unused fabric.



The striped jersey is just a regular jersey I ordered to make T-shirts or a dress with - nothing special about it. It probably just wanted its picture to be taken - just kidding. But you probably can imagine what it is like.


Now thinking about tomorrow I'm almost getting a little excited. With Me-Made-May starting and putting my me-made wardrobe to the test. To everyone who is also taking part - Let's have fun girls. Juhuuu....!

No comments:

Post a Comment